How to Run for Local Office
The members of Lisbon's governing body are elected to two-year staggered terms. During odd-numbered years, the Village President and two Trustees are elected, with the remaining two Trustees being elected in even-numbered years.
How to Get on the Ballot
If you would like to run for local office, please read the "Memo to Local Candidates" below, and download all of the forms to be completed. You may also contact Village Hall to ask that the forms be emailed/mailed to you, or request that a paper packet be printed for you to pick up. Additional information can be found on the Candidate landing page of the Wisconsin Elections Commission website.
**Please note that deadlines will vary for the April 2023 Special Village Board Election.
Candidacy forms for the Village President and Trustees:
- Call for Special Village Board Election
- Memo to Local Candidates
- Ballot Access Manual
- Form 1 - 2023 Ballot Access Checklist
- Form 2 - Declaration of Candidacy
- Form 3 - Nomination Papers for Nonpartisan Office
- Form 4 - Notification of Noncandidacy - Incumbents Only
- Form 5 - 2023 Campaign Finance Checklist
- Form 6 - Campaign Finance Registration Statement
- Form 7 - Campaign Finance Overview
- Form 8 - Chapter 8 Wisconsin Statutes - Nominations, Primaries and Elections (PDF)
- Form 9 - Wisconsin Legislative Chapter EL 6 (PDF)
- Form 10 - Chapter 12 Wisconsin Statutes - Prohibited Election Practices (PDF)
- Form 11 - Ordinance Chapter 13.08 - Political Signs (PDF)
Please email Clerk Elisa Katch or call (262)246-6100 x. 1004 with any questions.
For more information about registration and finance reporting, local candidates can visit the Local Campaign Finance page of the Wisconsin Elections Commission website.